Every user may have their own reasons for migrating from an OST file to a PST file, however, there are a few frequent ones. Users are changing file formats due to the disadvantages of the OST file format and the benefits of the Outlook PST file format. The following are a few possible reasons for this:
- MS Outlook provides more functionality and is more cost-effective than email applications that accept OST files.
- When working with OST files, you’ll need an internet connection, but with Outlook PST, you won’t.
- Organizations do not prefer email clients that use the OST file format since they are not very advanced.
- File locking in OST, which prevents users from opening files, is a common problem.
- MS Outlook offers superior security features than anyone else because it is a Microsoft software.
- Methods for converting OST to PST that have been proposed
- OST to PST migration is an example of how transferring one email client mailbox to another has become a typical occurrence.
There are Two Common Methods for Converting an OST File to a PST File.
- Using the manual method
- OST to PST Converter a right solution (automated)
The manual approach for exporting OST to PST is a technologically advanced option that allows you to convert OST data to PST files with ease.
Manual Approaches have a Number of Drawbacks.
The manual techniques for converting OST to PST have a few disadvantages, which are listed below:-
- Manual procedures take a long time.
- During the course of this task, data loss or damage may occur.
- Technical competence and granular knowledge are required.
- Multiple OST to PST migrations is not supported.
- To prevent such scenarios, one can utilize a third-party solution to convert an OST file to a PST that is user-friendly, efficient, and does not take a long time.
Using the OST to PST Converter
- Install the program on the user’s computer.
- Start the app and go to the ribbon bar’s add button.
- The user must select the “Add folder” section and click the “Browse” button in a dialogue box that appears. S/he must next choose the OST file’s Folder.
- To continue, click the “Add folder” button once the folder has been selected.
- Select “change to Outlook PST” from the ribbon bar after the OST files have been uploaded.
- A dialogue box will appear, prompting users to check or uncheck the OST files, as well as the option to change in PST based on supplied parameters such as target selection and filter criteria.
- Fill out all of the needed information according to your preferences.
- After you’ve filled out all of the details, click the “Convert” button and wait for the procedure to finish.
- After the operation is finished, you can save the logs and exit the program.
What are the Characteristics of OST to PST Converters?
Due to the disadvantages of the manual method, people do not choose to use it and instead seek out a professional tool. OST to PST Converter provides a number of user-friendly tools to help you do the operation perfectly. The following are some of the highlights:
- The OST Converter program can convert an OST file to a PST, MBOX, EML, and MSG.
- It works with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook, which both create OST files.
- OST PST Converter can also convert OST files to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- There are no restrictions on adding multiple OST files; users can add multiple files of any size in one go.
- It offers settings for password security, PST file type (Unicode and ANSI), and the ability to configure PST file size and remove big PST files for the resulting PST files.
- All versions of Windows O.S. are supported by OST to PST Converter.
- You may also take a free trial tour of the program by downloading the demo version, which allows you to migrate the 25 things per folder for free.
Choosing the best path to convert OST to PST is critical; else, erroneous migration and data tampering will occur. As a result, if customers are looking for a reliable way to convert OST to PST, we recommend using an OST to PST converter.