TikTok’s new music-saving feature:
- TikTok and Spotify have partnered to introduce a new feature enabling users to save TikTok songs directly to their Spotify playlists.
- The feature, “Add to Music app,” allows TikTok users to seamlessly add favorite tracks to their preferred streaming platform.
- Users can choose Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon Music as their default music service.
- Spotify’s users in the U.S. and the U.K. can save songs to their “Liked Songs” playlist, while Amazon Music users will have a “TikTok Songs” playlist option.
- Apple Music, available for paying subscribers only, also supports this feature.
- The collaboration aims to bridge the gap between music discovery on TikTok and full-length song listening on streaming services.
- The feature rollout begins in the U.S. and the U.K., with plans to expand to more markets in the future.
TikTok has announced a new feature allowing users to seamlessly save their favorite tracks directly to Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music. This alliance between the viral video platform and leading music streaming services aims to enhance user engagement and further cement TikTok’s impact on the music industry.
The new feature, named “Add to Music app,” introduces a button labeled “Add Song” beside track names on TikTok videos within the For Your Feed.
This functionality enables users to promptly save desired songs to their preferred music streaming platform.
The collaboration between TikTok and these major music platforms is a game-changer for how we enjoy music online. This move reflects TikTok’s understanding of how we discover and enjoy music today. By letting us save songs directly, TikTok is making it easier for us to seamlessly transition from watching short videos to listening to full songs.
For Spotify users in the U.S. and the U.K., saved songs will be cataloged into the “Liked Songs” playlist, while Amazon Music listeners will find the TikTok-saved songs in a designated “TikTok Songs” playlist or a playlist of their choice.
Notably, this feature is accessible to Prime members and Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers, whereas Spotify extends it to both free and Premium users.
However, Apple Music, being a subscription-based service, exclusively extends this feature to its paying subscribers. The rollout of the “Add to Music App” feature commences in the U.S. and the U.K., with plans to expand to additional markets in the future.
1. What is TikTok’s new music-saving feature about?
TikTok’s new feature allows users to save their favorite songs directly from TikTok videos to their preferred music streaming apps like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music.
2. How does this feature work?
When watching a video on TikTok, users will see a “Add Song” button next to the track name. By tapping on this button, they can save the song to their chosen music app for later listening.
3. Which music streaming apps are compatible with this feature?
TikTok’s music-saving functionality currently supports Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music.
4. Can users select their preferred music streaming app?
Yes, upon the first interaction with the feature, users can set their preferred music service as their default choice.
5. Are there any limitations or restrictions to this feature?
Apple Music restricts this feature to paying subscribers only, while Amazon Music limits it to Prime members and Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers.
6. In which countries is this feature available? Initially rolling out in the U.S. and the U.K., TikTok plans to expand this feature to additional markets in the future.